Friday, January 11, 2008

The woolies are great!

















After trying out the woolies for about a month, I must say that I am indeed pretty impressed. Not into any brand in particular (have only tried one, after all) but impressed with what woolies can do to in this CD world of mine.
Yes, the claims are right:
"Wool is antimicrobial, can hold 30% of its weight in moisture and still feel dry to the touch, is breathable, easy to maintain, and GREAT for cloth diapers!! (and little bums!) It acts as a thermostat, cool in the summer and warm in the winter, never too hot or too cold! Its an amazing fabric. What we love about wool is you dont need anything over them, such as pants or shorts. The cover does it all!!" LambyPants
Above all, it is my solution to night diapering. My little one is a heavy wetter. Even disposables got overflooded! So, with a woolie and a good and absorber fitted, it works wonders!
Smell? Did I mentioned it kept smell away more than anything else. With the PUL AIOs and pocket diapers, our air-conditioned room did smell of urine in the wee hours of the mornings (especially if Arthur had a go at onions that day). With woolies and fitted... we almost have none of that smell. ;)
Problem with woolies? Yes, there's one... my Little Arthur just cannot stop pulling out the wool to put into his mouth.
CD Mamas, definitely give woolies a try. Just to highlight again, if you do make a purchase with Lambypants, they are made of recycled wool yarn. It is totally ok.
While I like the idea of recycled anything... some of you might not be up for it. Thought I'd let you know.
p/s: I do not get paid for putting links to Lambypants. It's just a courtesy to my blog readers.

1 comment:

Peridot&Sapphire said...

No problem with recycle wool and I love recycle items too! Don't forget we use cloth diaper also because it is reusable and that's part of reycling ;)
I use the wool soaker over a fitted for almost 5 hours in daytime and I forgot to change En En as there's no dampness when touching on the wool cover! By the time I changed her I realized the fitted was infact half dry since wool is breathable and it dried up fitted in hot day! Very impressed...
Hmm... thinking to get a few longies too...