(though it's getting harder for long hours)
My first two shoulder project...
My first Mei Tai
(thought he will be more cooperative with this as there is much less strapping process... a bit better received by Arthur compared to the Pod but he still obviously prefers the pouch)
I made them in thoughts that it will be a much better carrier for us now that ...
- ...he is growing and is almost 12 kg, I am looking for two shoulder carriers to have a better spread in weight
- ...since he likes being carried at the back, the two shoulders variety seems like a safer option (he is one wriggly baby
But then again, the fact is, he dislikes them probably ...
- ... because the straps looks complicated and ?scary?
- ... because he's gotten used to the convenience of the pouch (this is the only carrier we've been using since he was about 5 months old)
- ... because he doesn't have the patience to wait for me to tie them properly (remember, the pouch is well known for it's poppability!)
So, really, there is no one best carrier but rather one that suits your personal preference. Read up on the different ones and compare them. Don't be surprised if you feel that you need to have one of each, though, it is already good enough if you know one position with one carrier... it makes a world of difference!