Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

If you can reduce, you need not reuse... if you can reuse... you need not recycle... if you can recylcle, you need to throw away your money!

Yes... As my MIL once told me... it is not necessary to get expensive disposable sanitary pads... they are bought to be thrown away. It is like throwing away money. How true. Then again, she is also the one who shared her 'analysis' of using tissues with me... that it is cheaper to just wipe the dining table clean with tissues than to wipe it clean with cloth as you need to wash the cloth afterwards ??? Yes, you guessed it right. She is just one who is careful with money. Not so much a environmentalist.

Whatever it is, the point is, with disposables 'everything' from sanitary pads to cloth diapers to fork and spoons and even disposable panties... convenience certainly is taking its toll on the environment.

Thankfully, I've discovered Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapers, Cloth Pads... now, I am even considering using wipes myself and reducing the use of toilet tissues...

What has breastfeeding got to do with the 3Rs? How about reducing the use of plastic, milk tins etc. etc. etc.? You get it ;)

2 comments:

Rayhana said...

Hi Jess,

Speaking of disposable sanitary napkins, have you heard of the mooncup?

It seems to be a revolution to many mothers I know especially in the west!

Google it up, it's really interesting!

A bit icky though, as tampons just aren't my cup of tea..

You can order them from Singapore though!

But it's thought to be really good.. :)

Jess said...

Hi Rayhana, Yes... I have heard of them. Don't think they are for me either.