Thursday, February 21, 2008

DO NOT PAY FOR A SLING PATTERN!

As I read more and more blogs of new parents, I've come to realise we all just love bargains. At the same time, we try to save money here and there, just so we can have the best for our children.

When it comes to online shopping, especially for baby slings, cloth diapers etc... which could cost quite a lot, we are often tempted to get something cheaper.

I am all for online shopping... well, I have Peekaroobaby... the word of caution, though, with online shopping, is to read the details and make sure you are comfortable with the product you are buying before making such commitment.

Just like me, I am sure there are many others who loves to get a good deal... or trying hard to save some money... So, we spend hours and days trying to get great deals off online auctions etc. etc.

While I agree that slings can be quite expensive to acquire (but, really, if you think of how much you'll use it... even more than your favourite piece of clothing!, you'll start thinking that it's actually quite cheap)... many will look for ways to DIY... and, to my surprise, even these DIY instructions and patterns are up for bid!

The word of caution here is... YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY FOR A PATTERN! You don't really have to. If you have not already noticed, for as long as I remember, I have put a permanent link on this blog that leads to a page of DIY links through The Baby Wearer... and, YES! many of them are free! And, if you don't understand the instructions well enough to begin with your sling project, just ask me. For free ;) Really ;) ;)

No comments: