Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The birth of Peekaroobaby

I have been using the pouch sling for more than a year now... for someone who loves the sling as much as I do... one is never enough... especially since I have moved to a place where I need to climb four flight of stairs up and down every day... So, I decided to get another sling. This time, I managed to find myself a 97%cotton, 3% stretch pouch sling which is locally made. I braved myself to try it out.


I must admit that the Littlepods sling is great find... I had many a good times with it... The leg padding is great for the hip carry position in preventing cut into Arthur's tender skin... Maybe it's the colour red... it attracted a lot of attention.. which led me to stopping and promoting the sling to everyone who came forward to ask.

Again, to a sling lover like me... still, two is not enough.. Since I gave up my job to be a SAHM, I must admit that I have simply been lazing around the house when Arthur takes his rest... it's been quite some time... the crafty side of me needs an outlet... it was then that it dawned upon me that I can sew my own sling! I did the necessary research and lucky me! I got someone gave me the pattern for the pouch sling from US. I began sewing my own sling and wow!... you won't believe the number of slings I've made for myself.

Every time I come across a nice fabric... it's like... "I must make myself a sling from that!".. Then on... it is sling after sling after sling... slings for me... slings for friends... slings here... slings there... I must have more than ten now...

More and more people are attracted to me babywearing Arthur with all those slings that I made... some who asked where I got it from.. they wish they could get one... it was then that I thought.. if I could spend 30 minutes explaining about babywearing every time someone comes up to me and asked about it...

I could start site which can document all these... a site which can aid and promote babywearing within our community... a site where people can go to to find out all about babywearing and more... a site where people can choose to buy a sling from me.. or not... a place where people can meet and discuss about babywearing... it was then that I started sourcing for all the required information which led to the birth of Peekaroobaby...

No comments: