Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mother to Mother Peer Support Group

In my journey to successful breastfeeding, I have always been wondering if there could be anyone who is supportive of breastfeeding rather than against it... It was definitely not an easy journey for me but I managed to overcome the obstacles and make it possible to still be breastfeeding my little Arthur to date.

Looking at how difficult a journey breastfeeding could be, I have thought of starting some group to gather interested souls and promote the act. Then again, I'm not sure if it will work.

Anyway, I am very glad that there is a Mother to Mother Peer Support Group in Penang that goes around promoting and supporting breastfeeding mothers. More glad that I can be part of this group.

If you are from Penang and interested in breastfeeding, do search them up in Facebook. Monthly meetings are organised discussing various topics on breastfeeding. Previous sessions included breastfeeding myths and proper positioning.

No comments: