So, depending on your baby and your confidence level, it might be a really good idea to practice positioning with a dummy. Once you get comfortable enough with the dummy, then you can have a go with a well fed and happy baby.
Some other useful tips towards a happy and safe babywearing journey:
- While you are getting used to wearing your baby, support him with your hands.
- As you go through the learning phase of moving and reacting, the urge to support your baby with your hands is instinctive.
- After you become a babywearing veteran, you can safely carry your baby in the sling with one or both hands free.
- Try when baby is well fed and contented, not when baby is fussy and crying.
- Always check the seams before each babywearing session
- Always support baby when bending down