Friday, December 5, 2008

Challenging a Tot

What it sounds like is exactly what it means...

Have you ever tried all 'nice' ways to teach your little one but failed? Leading you to, perhaps, use reverse psychology? Have you ever read that challenging your little ones could help them develop better? I don't really know.

At 2 and 1/2, my little Arthur is in between the Terrible Twos and well, the Terrible Threes... as much as I try to think of them as the Terrific Twos and the Terrific Threes, well, I must admit there are times when he's far from being terrific. And, these are the trying times when DH will try to 'challenge' him...

E.g... we've kept telling him not to put his finger in the fan but of course, he keeps trying to do it. DH just snapped one day and said to LO, "Try to put your finger in and see if it hurts", while I was doing laundry nearby.

The thought of it is horrific, let alone, what if my little one, who can barely judge, really did it??!! Does reverse psychology really works with a child that young? I wonder...

No comments: