Thursday, September 3, 2009

And my boy gave me the solution ;)

We are out quite often these days... as my little one grows up and become more active these days, we have more plans for the day... playgroups, little excursions, shopping... and lately, he pestered me enough to start him on the Pingu English class that one of my friends started. That leaves us coming home about 3-4pm each day... he's tired out, of course. And, most times, he fell asleep in the car and I will have to carry him from the car to our home... four storeys, without lift access.

Now that he has walked 'enough' and climbed the stairs 'enough' times, he knows only too well that 8 flights of stairs to home is a tiring task... so, he will ask me to carry him. Momma's standard answer is that he is now a big boy and is too heavy for Momma to carry...

Well, after many of those excuses reasoning, he finally worked things out and gave Momma THE solution.

Today, as we are driving home, we had a chat and he did the reasoning this time...

Arthur: Momma... do you have a sling?
Momma: Yes, I have many of them at home...
Arthur: You can use the sling and babywearing, then I won't be too heavy for you to carry
Momma: (hmmm... you are right) I'll try next time, ok?
Arthur: Ya... you can put one in the car and then can carry me home...

Oh, well, why not?? Since when he is asleep, there is no choice but to carry him up. I might just leave a wrap or my Beco in the car ;)

No comments: